Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Let's Get It Started - In HERE

Anyonghasaeyo!!!!!!!!! Hello from Kunsan, South Korea!

I have started this blog as part of a web course, Webpresence, through TESOL. I'm a little behind in participating in this course as I am on vacation and I am lazy. Plus I was in Thailand visiting an old student as well as attending the 2005 Thai TESOL Conference and the TESOL Symposium on Leadership.

I look forward to the opportunity to better serve my university and local community by a stimulating a stronger virtual community for them. Blogging is new for me and I hope to use it for my classes and other community volunteer work.

Ideas. Ideas. Ideas. I have hundreds of ideas. My students and my colleagues in KOTESOL have thousands of ideas. I have taken this course to help me help them. I have bits of knowledge, but I want a fast track way to disseminate empowering technological tools to my colleagues in my chapter of KOTESOL. I'm looking for step by step materials to move technophobic colleagues out of their fear of the medium. I am also looking for motivational techniques to encourage my students to learn independently through technological tools.

The amount of info in my daily life, my creativity, and the limited numbers of hours in a day cooks up a fear and stress in me that sometimes paralyzes me into distracting myself through my multitude of procrastination techniques. I hope blogging helps ease some of my fear and stress by interactively journaling my daily path into the cool work projects that emerge in my life.

I joined the Webpresence online group:
-To prioritize my projects and ideas through better documentation by using blogs.
- To organize materials for easier user accessibility by hearing of the shared real-life experience of Webpresence participants.
- To warehouse materials, ideas, resources (human and material) efficiently and effectively by testing different mixes of technological mediums.

I hope:
- To make a short list of technological recommendations available to my network of students and colleagues based on tasks that they want to accomplish.
- To help promote my community's creativity by teaching them time-efficient technological processes and systems.
- To free up their time so they can focus on content instead of medium. In short, I hope to help my students and colleagues use technology to communicate better, build better lessons, and make their talents and personalities more visible virtually for a wider international community to enjoy.

Here's to life and experience. May the adventure begin.

Maria

No comments: